The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine is currently looking for enthusiastic and committed medical student volunteers for the upcoming ACEM Annual Scientific Meeting to be held from Sunday 18th – Thursday 22nd November 2018 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Volunteer activities aim to provide an educational benefit for the student e.g. model for ultrasound workshops, assistant for workshops, running microphones for Q&A sessions, and producing social media content throughout sessions. A clear outline and briefing of your role will be provided prior to the commencement of the event.
Student Volunteer expectations:
- Attend briefing meetings
- Participate in volunteer activities for 30-40% of the duration of the conference
- Be available for the duration of the conference (this may include pre-conference workshops which will run from Saturday 17th – Sunday 18th November 2018)
- Complete the tasks for which you have been allocated to the best of your ability
- Follow the instructions of the workshop facilitator, session chair or conference organiser
- Seek clarification if uncertain about anything and report any issues to the conference organiser
Please note that volunteer opportunities are limited to 20 successful applicants and preference is given to students based in Perth. In exchange for your time working at the ASM, successful applicants will receive a complimentary registration and a ticket to the Welcome Reception.
Volunteer applications have now closed. Notifications will be released in September 2018.
If you have any questions or changes to your application in the meantime please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship & exhibition prospectus released
19 November 2017
Call for plenary & interactive submissions
Early bird registration opens Now open
Call for abstracts Closed
Early bird registration closes 15 August 2018